Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    loopski
    loopski
    Blocked
    Total posts: 9778

???
    Best to unplug your house from those nasty live wires at night.???

I would lie on top of the stairs and smell the cigar smoke of Castro.

fittersmate
    Participant
    Total posts: 1624

“I don’t mean to sound dumb but aren’t appliances always ‘live’ in France, unless you actually unplug them? Does actually running them make them any more dangerous?”

Our washing machine and dishwasher are on a separate circuit for creuse so their sockets can be switched off without affecting anything else.

I suppose it varies according to what it is and how old it is but leaving them running has to be more of a risk. We only leave essentials switched in at night – fridges etc.

Dad was a fireman for 30 years, and had been to countless fires caused by electical faults and domestic appliances so I guess I’m a bit more aware than most.

And to reply to loopy lower down this thread – It’s not the nasty wires that are the problem, it’s what’s connected to the end of them!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/spinflammable-washing-machines-biggest-cause-5882657

• This reply was modified 19 Sep 2017 11:11 by  fittersmate.
    loopski
    loopski
    Blocked
    Total posts: 9778

Indeed I am led to believe that Grenfell was started by an english washing machine, defective like the responsible migrant.
    Now what was it you chirped about grenfell residents and alu cladding. :lol:

I would lie on top of the stairs and smell the cigar smoke of Castro.

jimmyt
    Participant
    Total posts: 9

Could someone please tell me the cable size required for a 3 phase installation with a distance of 70mtrs?

robertarthur
    robertarthur
    Participant
    Total posts: 2157

It is not for the first time that I hear polite complaints about my handwriting and free-style tables, so message taken. I do hope that this is easier to understand. Wiring: copper. See Badger’s remarks about aluminium.

RA

French Electrical & Other Building Issues
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You cannot reply to this topic.