Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 357 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1109363
    Avatar
    witsinfr
    Member
    Joined: 22 Apr 2008
    Location: No longer where the profile handle implies. But somewhere much warmer!
    Total posts: 463

    @senna wrote:

    I suspect that they are giving them away and then you get one a month, or something, by automatic subscription.

    I don’t believe that Direct-Delta would do such a thing, this is a gift upon purchasing something else from them.


    #1109364
    Avatar
    intertype7
    Participant
    Joined: 21 Feb 2010
    Location: Monts de Blond 87
    Total posts: 1178

    i had a catalogue from Gifi this week that says they now have unlimited stocks at €1.99 each. Don’t get trampled in the rush…


    #1109365
    AnOther
    AnOther
    Participant
    Joined: 11 Jan 2008
    Location: W of Cahors (46)
    Total posts: 9455

    Check out the small print, ‘unlimited’ actually means 50,000 units. Better get your skates on :wink:

    Oh, and they don’t seem to have heard about the latest delay either #-o


    #1109366
    Avatar
    Chanceux
    Participant
    Joined: 17 Mar 2010
    Location: Picardie
    Total posts: 13130

    And they also say that the offence is verbaliseable from 1st November, perhaps I have missed the nuance between verbaliser and amende, maybe they will just verbally abuse you until they are finally, if ever allowed to fine you.

    Or maybe they just dont give a rats ar5e! any more than they do for gilets de securité, warning traingles, headlamp beams etc etc etc.


    #1109367
    Avatar
    lindal1000
    Participant
    Joined: 09 Jun 2011
    Location: france
    Total posts: 4844

    I was the only person in Gifi today asking about the breathalysers! I bought 1 for the car and 1 for the van and that is it! They will sit in the glove compartment and never be used. First time I’ve been to Gifi.. like a cross between Dunelm mill and the pound shop. It was really busy, as were all the shops in Bergerac this PM.


    #1109368
    Avatar
    witsinfr
    Member
    Joined: 22 Apr 2008
    Location: No longer where the profile handle implies. But somewhere much warmer!
    Total posts: 463

    lindal1000 – aren’t you supposed to have a minimum of TWO per vehicle? That is when the law eventually comes into force.

    BTW they’ve even reached our local hardware shop out here in the sticks.


    #1109369
    AnOther
    AnOther
    Participant
    Joined: 11 Jan 2008
    Location: W of Cahors (46)
    Total posts: 9455

    They say two so if you happen to use one it means you’ve still got an unused one aboard but the law itself only says one.


    #1109370
    sheldonrobbo
    sheldonrobbo
    Participant
    Joined: 18 Dec 2008
    Location: La Souterraine, Creuse, Limousin
    Total posts: 1163

    no wonder there aint enough if everyone buys two per vehicle


    #1109371
    Avatar
    witsinfr
    Member
    Joined: 22 Apr 2008
    Location: No longer where the profile handle implies. But somewhere much warmer!
    Total posts: 463

    If you took the logic of it to the extreme you’d need more than two. Think of it this way…

      You have 2 in the car
      You’ve had a quick apero so test yourself before driving
      When eventually stopped by Gendarme you’re OK because you still have one left
      So you drive home
      Have a few drinks to celebrate being on top of the ‘rules’
      Next morning, hmm should I test myself again?
      And then all of a sudden you don’t have ANY in the car

    Which means that unless you have a way of replacing the used one without immediately having to go on a search for a vendor with supplies you could theoretically put yourself in a position of not being able to drive again :-)


    #1109372
    AnOther
    AnOther
    Participant
    Joined: 11 Jan 2008
    Location: W of Cahors (46)
    Total posts: 9455

    @witsinfr wrote:

    you could theoretically put yourself in a position of not being able to drive again :-)

    Or have your €11 ready to pay the fine :wink:


    #1109373
    Avatar
    witsinfr
    Member
    Joined: 22 Apr 2008
    Location: No longer where the profile handle implies. But somewhere much warmer!
    Total posts: 463

    @another wrote:

    @witsinfr wrote:

    you could theoretically put yourself in a position of not being able to drive again :-)

    Or have your €11 ready to pay the fine :wink:

    Naw, that’d be too easy :twisted:


    #1109374
    Avatar
    senna
    Member
    Joined: 30 Apr 2012
    Location: N/A
    Total posts: 365

    @witsinfr wrote:

    lindal1000 – aren’t you supposed to have a minimum of TWO per vehicle? That is when the law eventually comes into force.

    BTW they’ve even reached our local hardware shop out here in the sticks.

    The law says you need one but what the law does not say is what you are supposed to do or even why you are carrying it. Since you are not told to do anything with it the logic is that you will only ever need one.


    #1109375
    Avatar
    exuserc2
    Participant
    Joined: 11 Feb 2012
    Location: West Sussex and 17.
    Total posts: 3561

    It never ceases to amaze how a cheapo €1 gizmo has attracted 340+ posts out 1300+ hits, when, if you bought 11 it would only equal the first fine. It is one of the largest particular subject postings on the forum. :lol::roll::lol:


    #1109376
    Avatar
    witsinfr
    Member
    Joined: 22 Apr 2008
    Location: No longer where the profile handle implies. But somewhere much warmer!
    Total posts: 463

    €3 for one (Turdus) I saw this afternoon.

    Bloody expensive, must be gold plated…!


    #1109377
    Avatar
    roadrat
    Participant
    Joined: 28 Oct 2005
    Location: N/A
    Total posts: 3683

    @witsinfr wrote:

    If you took the logic of it to the extreme you’d need more than two. Think of it this way…

      You have 2 in the car
      You’ve had a quick apero so test yourself before driving
      When eventually stopped by Gendarme you’re OK because you still have one left
      So you drive home
      Have a few drinks to celebrate being on top of the ‘rules’
      Next morning, hmm should I test myself again?
      And then all of a sudden you don’t have ANY in the car

    Which means that unless you have a way of replacing the used one without immediately having to go on a search for a vendor with supplies you could theoretically put yourself in a position of not being able to drive again :-)

    On the other hand, if you have any intention of driving, why not, just not drink at all? The two don’t mix and one of the worst things about this law, (other than the fact it’s pointless and corrupt) is it encourages people to do so.


Owning a vehicle in France
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 357 total)

You cannot reply to this topic.