Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 390 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #979825
    Avatar
    k-way
    Blocked
    Joined: 06 Mar 2011
    Location: Vendee
    Total posts: 1746

    Of course homoeopathy works; in the same way as acupuncture faith healing and snake oil.

    The reasoning???? behind homoeopathy is the greater the dilution the greater the effect of the medicine???? So drink one glass of London tap water and you will be cured of all known illnesses or you will die of a masive overdose!

    This quackery has to be eliminated. Contrary to the OP’s assertion there has NEVER been one case of homoeopathy being scientifically proved efficacious.


    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

    #979826
    Avatar
    k-way
    Blocked
    Joined: 06 Mar 2011
    Location: Vendee
    Total posts: 1746

    @anad2527 wrote:

    :lol::lol:
    write the word “homeopathy” into a forum and you get the most arrogant comments from the most ignorant people on the forum.
    Always great entertainment.
    Try it out yourself. :D
    Always works.

    Try writing “homoeopathy” then at least you will not get berated for your spelling as well as your cognitive abilities.


    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

    #979827
    Avatar
    elinor
    Participant
    Joined: 08 Nov 2009
    Location: Dinan (22)
    Total posts: 584

    @tricia wrote:

    I get the impression that homeopathy is more accepted here in France. People seem to be more open to alternative medicine. Does anyoneone else get this impression?

    Tricia, yes, in fact I was surprised and a bit cheesed off when my young-ish and apparently very ordinary Medicin Traitant prescribed me homeopathic treatments recently. I was even more surprised to find they attracted a 30% remboursement, and actually astonished when, in spite of my scepticism, they seemed to work, inasmuch as there was a very significant improvement in the condition almost immediately. I’m quite prepared to accept the improvement was due to placebo effect but equally happy to have taken ‘nothing’ to tackle my ailment instead of another drug.


    #979828
    Avatar
    cranachan8
    Participant
    Joined: 15 Aug 2007
    Location: France
    Total posts: 169

    The reason that the french are more open to homeopathy medication is that, in france, you have to be a medically trained doctor to prescribe it. If your doctor tells you that it is good for you, you do it.

    The research into the efficacy and efficiency of homeopathy is poor, bordering on the ridiculous. I would, as most of my profession, love to hear of homeopathy treatments for depression / bipolar / psychosis as would my medical colleagues love to hear of homeopathy treatments for cancer / heart failure / dementia.

    Give me the evidence and I will believe!

    cran


    #979829
    Avatar
    nounours
    Member
    Joined: 23 Feb 2009
    Location: 12
    Total posts: 1148

    Elinor, Homeopathic or herbal remedy? There is a great deal of difference.

    Nice to see that those who challenge the blind, easily led and totally misguided are arrogant and ignorant. :roll::shock::? As usual the pro homeopathy lobby cannot show any real evidence to support a thing they put forward and prefer to insult the intelligence of those who question the ethics of their industry. Its laughable that the OP puts forward a report that by its own admittance says that only 4 out of 22 studies showed any value if you can call it that from using a homeopathic remedy :cry:

    Homeopathy works for all sorts of non fatal conditions, so does doing nothing :idea: People who receive care get better faster than those left alone. Of course placebos work for non fatal conditions its the getting some attention and the power of the human body to heal itself that works, not some wonder water that stands up to no no scientific scrutiny and was “discovered” before most people even knew how the human body works :roll:


    #979830
    Avatar
    karunia
    Member
    Joined: 30 Sep 2006
    Location: Languedoc - 34
    Total posts: 495

    @k-way wrote:

    Of course homoeopathy works; in the same way as acupuncture faith healing and snake oil.

    That is an interesting statement about acupuncture.
    But of course, those Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, and other orientals, what would they know? :shock:


    #979831
    jsks
    jsks
    Participant
    Joined: 03 Sep 2010
    Location: Potatoshire, North Yorkshire and Co Cork soon?
    Total posts: 5674

    @karunia wrote:

    @k-way wrote:

    Of course homoeopathy works; in the same way as acupuncture faith healing and snake oil.

    That is an interesting statement about acupuncture.
    But of course, those Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, and other orientals, what would they know? :shock:

    Interesting point re acupuncture – studies have shown that the provision of acupuncture leads to raised endorphin levels, so there is a physical effect. However, whether that effect (one which causes a feeling of well-being) can be directed for specific pathologies is unproven.

    Just because a lot of people believe a thing does not make that thing true – by this logic Christianity, Islam, Taoism, Buddhism etc are all true. Touch wood.

    #979832
    Avatar
    anad2527
    Participant
    Joined: 27 Jun 2007
    Location: Gers
    Total posts: 151

    Some clarification:
    “homeopathy” is AE (I better explain: American English)
    “Homoeopathy” is BE(British English)

    K-way just another proof of ignorance

    #979833
    Avatar
    nounours
    Member
    Joined: 23 Feb 2009
    Location: 12
    Total posts: 1148

    @anad2527 wrote:

    Some clarification:
    “homeopathy” is AE (I better explain: American English)
    “Homoeopathy” is BE(British English)

    K-way just another proof of ignorance

    So the only response from the OP to questions of proof and details of the studies that didn’t show it worked is a spelling lesson that proves to them the ignorance of posters!!! :?::?: Why are people who question this tosh and demand proof ignorant? Perhaps we are not as easily led as some people :idea:


    #979834
    Avatar
    anad2527
    Participant
    Joined: 27 Jun 2007
    Location: Gers
    Total posts: 151

    And by the way I am German and know the spelling of both countries. :D

    #979835
    Avatar
    sfburgundy
    Member
    Joined: 21 Nov 2008
    Location: 58/89 nr Avallon
    Total posts: 272

    @cranachan8 wrote:

    The reason that the french are more open to homeopathy medication is that, in france, you have to be a medically trained doctor to prescribe it. If your doctor tells you that it is good for you, you do it.

    The research into the efficacy and efficiency of homeopathy is poor, bordering on the ridiculous. I would, as most of my profession, love to hear of homeopathy treatments for depression / bipolar / psychosis as would my medical colleagues love to hear of homeopathy treatments for cancer / heart failure / dementia.

    Give me the evidence and I will believe!

    cran

    Just because homeopathy can’t treat cancer doesn’t prove that it doesn’t work for other things. Antibiotics don’t cure cancer either but we don’t deride them because of it. We don’t use chemo to cure heart failure or anti dementia drugs for cancer.
    Cancer treatments don’t always work and insome cases kill the patient quicker than the cancer would have done.


    #979836
    jsks
    jsks
    Participant
    Joined: 03 Sep 2010
    Location: Potatoshire, North Yorkshire and Co Cork soon?
    Total posts: 5674

    @sfburgundy wrote:

    Just because homeopathy can’t treat cancer doesn’t prove that it doesn’t work for other things.

    Of course it doesn’t. But then there’s plenty of evidence to show that it works no better than placebo in any situation.

    Cancer treatments don’t always work and insome cases kill the patient quicker than the cancer would have done.

    True. And this would be irrelevant to the discussion of homeopathy were it not for the fact that there are unscrupulous charlatans who would have us believe that their water and sugar pills will treat cancer. Talk about exploitiing the desperate!

    #979837
    Avatar
    anad2527
    Participant
    Joined: 27 Jun 2007
    Location: Gers
    Total posts: 151

    And some clarification for nounours:

    ignorant, because you can tell from the answers that the knowledge of homeopathy is very limited (you have to devote quite an amount of time in order to understand)

    and

    arrogant, because of the language they use,usually no manners whatsoever and insulting

    #979838
    jsks
    jsks
    Participant
    Joined: 03 Sep 2010
    Location: Potatoshire, North Yorkshire and Co Cork soon?
    Total posts: 5674

    @anad2527 wrote:

    And some clarification for nounours:

    ignorant, because you can tell from the answers that the knowledge of homeopathy is very limited (you have to devote quite an amount of time in order to understand)

    and

    arrogant, because of the language they use,usually no manners whatsoever and insulting

    So the logical evolution of your argument seems to be that if someone contradicts the assertion that homoeopathy is effective then they must be ignorant?

    How ignorant is that?

    #979839
    jsks
    jsks
    Participant
    Joined: 03 Sep 2010
    Location: Potatoshire, North Yorkshire and Co Cork soon?
    Total posts: 5674

    Still waiting for any supportiing evidence that homeopathy is any more effective than treatment with, say, water and sugar pills.

Health and Social Welfare
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 390 total)

You cannot reply to this topic.