Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 228 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #863559
    Avatar
    ivanchonov
    Participant
    Joined: 27 Feb 2010
    Location: Morbihan , Brittany
    Total posts: 48

    @pp-chris wrote:

    Is there any small chance of some evidence for all you wild statements IvanChonov?

    You know, perhaps a link or two to some vaguely reliable source?

    Or are you just a ranter?

    Chris, (it’s a great year for walnuts). :D:D:D

    Just say wich of my statements you find SO wild , pp-chris , I’ll try to find the links you want – after all , the Net is full of all the evidence you need to prove whatever you want – most of pro-Roma links given so far show just one side of the problem (which I agree is no the same as to lie :lol: ) – no doubt the opposition does the same… :?

    As I’ve mentioned before , I was born , and lived in Bulgaria until the age of 25 – I’ve had Roma classmates in school , and even Roma friends (they are dozens of different Roma tribes , and some of them cant stand the others). I’ve had Roma mates in the military service – believe me , I know them – the bad and the good , and my statements may seem wild to you – but I know exactly what I’m talking about , and that’s more than most of the folk in this thread can say :wink:
    Best regards , Ivan


    "Plus j'aime mon métier, moins j'aime ma profession" J.L Godard

    #863560
    Avatar
    pp-chris
    Member
    Joined: 28 Jul 2005
    Location: Somewhere in the woods in La Vienne, (86) France
    Total posts: 1785

    So are you Bulgarian?

    Chris


    http://www.planetepassion.eu

    Association Planete Passion - Wildlife in France in the English language.

    #863561
    Avatar
    ivanchonov
    Participant
    Joined: 27 Feb 2010
    Location: Morbihan , Brittany
    Total posts: 48

    …don’t tell me you didn’t spot my accent! :lol:


    "Plus j'aime mon métier, moins j'aime ma profession" J.L Godard

    #863562
    Avatar
    pp-chris
    Member
    Joined: 28 Jul 2005
    Location: Somewhere in the woods in La Vienne, (86) France
    Total posts: 1785

    I bet you miss the old regime. The advice was to avoid Bulgaria because people with long hair had it cut of at the border, so had to go through Yugoslavia and Greece to get to Turkey. :roll:

    Funny thing culture.

    Chris


    http://www.planetepassion.eu

    Association Planete Passion - Wildlife in France in the English language.

    #863563
    knurt
    knurt
    Blocked
    Joined: 09 Mar 2010
    Location: United Kingdom mostly and 85 when I can. Better now?
    Total posts: 364

    Sorry coming late to this thread.

    Is it true that those Roms who leave France to go back to their homeland recieve 300Euros?

    And have there been “human rights” complaints when the departing Roms are fingerprinted to prevent repeated claims?

    Or is this just another urban myth?


    Oh dear

    #863564
    Avatar
    ivanchonov
    Participant
    Joined: 27 Feb 2010
    Location: Morbihan , Brittany
    Total posts: 48

    @pp-chris wrote:

    I bet you miss the old regime. The advice was to avoid Bulgaria because people with long hair had it cut of at the border, so had to go through Yugoslavia and Greece to get to Turkey. :roll:

    Funny thing culture.

    Chris

    It’s a bet you’ve just lost :wink: – I hated it , even if in my times it wasn’t that cruel and severe , and winds of change were in the air :? – still , I remember the emty shops , the endless political lessons in school , and having to watch what you say , and to whom…Girls showing their fingernails at schooldoor to some witchlike teacher (nails painted = big trouble)…very few good things to remember , in fact. :?


    "Plus j'aime mon métier, moins j'aime ma profession" J.L Godard

    #863565
    knurt
    knurt
    Blocked
    Joined: 09 Mar 2010
    Location: United Kingdom mostly and 85 when I can. Better now?
    Total posts: 364

    @pp-chris wrote:

    I bet you miss the old regime. The advice was to avoid Bulgaria because people with long hair had it cut of at the border, so had to go through Yugoslavia and Greece to get to Turkey. :roll:

    Funny thing culture.

    Chris

    Strange thing to write for someone who professes “Wildlife in France in the English language.”


    Oh dear

    #863566
    Avatar
    pp-chris
    Member
    Joined: 28 Jul 2005
    Location: Somewhere in the woods in La Vienne, (86) France
    Total posts: 1785

    Now that’s really sad, no other word for it. You poor thing to have to find a little error and then think it was worth posting. It really is the most pathetic thing people can do on a forum.

    Chris


    http://www.planetepassion.eu

    Association Planete Passion - Wildlife in France in the English language.

    #863567
    Avatar
    ivanchonov
    Participant
    Joined: 27 Feb 2010
    Location: Morbihan , Brittany
    Total posts: 48

    Anyway , I’ve never heard of such a treatment to Western Europe citizen , it was more for domestic use :wink: – and , long before my times. Jeans were totaly banned in the early 70-s , girls with short skirts risked a nasty black stamp on their leg just where the skirt ends….The very few people who were allowed to visit Western countries (and were stupid enough to come back) , and came with The Beatles album in their luggage , had to see it broken in pieces in the custom…well , the normal , everyday life in “workers states”…The most incredible thing – when I came to Spain , I discovered they were people here , feeling nostalgical about taht times , absolutely convinced (while having not a clue) , that the life under Communist regimes was better than theirs here in Spain :shock::shock::shock::shock:

    funny thing culture , you say? :lol:


    "Plus j'aime mon métier, moins j'aime ma profession" J.L Godard

    #863568
    Avatar
    pp-chris
    Member
    Joined: 28 Jul 2005
    Location: Somewhere in the woods in La Vienne, (86) France
    Total posts: 1785

    that the life under Communist regimes was better than theirs here in Spain

    Yes, sort of, but Spain had Franco and that wasn’t very pleasant either.

    Chris


    http://www.planetepassion.eu

    Association Planete Passion - Wildlife in France in the English language.

    #863569
    Avatar
    ivanchonov
    Participant
    Joined: 27 Feb 2010
    Location: Morbihan , Brittany
    Total posts: 48

    Please exuse me , pp-chris , my English is not that good :wink: – I didn’t mean their life under Franco (wich was a walk in the park compared to Communism) – no , they actually believe living in Communist state was better than the life in Spain NOW :shock: – you know , the “social justice ” and “no poor people” bul$$$it :lol:


    "Plus j'aime mon métier, moins j'aime ma profession" J.L Godard

    #863570
    Avatar
    pp-chris
    Member
    Joined: 28 Jul 2005
    Location: Somewhere in the woods in La Vienne, (86) France
    Total posts: 1785

    Your English is better than many Brits, no problems there. :wink:

    Anyway, best get back on topic.

    Chris


    http://www.planetepassion.eu

    Association Planete Passion - Wildlife in France in the English language.

    #863571
    cardi
    cardi
    Participant
    Joined: 16 Feb 2007
    Location: West Wales, Villefagnan 16 and Niteroi, RJ.
    Total posts: 1846

    @pp-chris wrote:

    I bet you miss the old regime. The advice was to avoid Bulgaria because people with long hair had it cut of at the border, so had to go through Yugoslavia and Greece to get to Turkey. :roll:

    Funny thing culture.

    Chris

    Yes, it was fun in those days wasn’t it?
    I remember we had to stock up with a few nice salamis and things for the immigration and customs to ‘confiscate’ and had to try and persuade them not to take it all as similar ‘confiscation’ would be required on leaving.

    The police in Yugoslavia were also good for a laugh. When they stopped you for a routine check and told you that you had been speeding or similar and you foolishly denied it they then slapped you with a big fine for ‘arguing with police’

    Ah. Nostalgia


    Criminals are never very amusing. It's because they're failures. Those who make real money aren't counted as criminals. This is a class distinction, not an ethical problem. Orson Welles

    #863572
    Avatar
    Chanceux
    Participant
    Joined: 17 Mar 2010
    Location: Picardie
    Total posts: 13130

    @pp-chris wrote:

    Your English is better than many Brits, no problems there. :wink:

    Anyway, best get back on topic.

    Chris

    No please carry on, its fascinating.


    #863573
    Avatar
    nomdeplume
    Participant
    Joined: 01 Feb 2008
    Location: Fontenay le Comte 85
    Total posts: 341

    I was in Paris last weekend and hired a ‘Velib’ bike and cycled about 20km along the Canal d’Ourcq. I passed by several emcampments of Roms with their squalid caravans and bidonvilles. If they are better off in Romania than there, conditions must be unimaginable back home.
    France has absorbed waves of immigrants in years past, Spanish Portugese, Belgians, Poles, Italians, Hungarians including Sarco’s parents. Are the Roms different?


Miscellaneous (FRANCE RELATED)
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 228 total)

You cannot reply to this topic.