Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #729383
    Avatar
    lebesset
    Participant
    Joined: 19 Aug 2007
    Location: lozere
    Total posts: 1320

    yesterday sent a message to ~Orange from their website asking them to suspend my contract in 10 days time

    received a response by Email in less than 24 hours confirming compliance with my wishes and giving a dossier number for this suspension

    will suspend the phone on line before I go as that seems to be done within 24 hours maximum

    all in all , an excellent system …~I am in grave danger of becoming an Orange fan !


    lebesset

    #788337
    mysty2
    mysty2
    Participant
    Joined: 29 Jul 2012
    Location: N/A
    Total posts: 9603

    A lot of people run into problems when they cannot speak French, orange is not a bad company to deal with.


    #788336
    Avatar
    lebesset
    Participant
    Joined: 19 Aug 2007
    Location: lozere
    Total posts: 1320

    @mysty2 wrote:

    A lot of people run into problems when they cannot speak French, orange is not a bad company to deal with.

    they only speak english on the special phone line which you have to pay to use ; the internet system is much better as you get written confirmation


    lebesset

    #788335
    Avatar
    chrisminor
    Participant
    Joined: 06 Jul 2013
    Location: Lot 46
    Total posts: 83

    I haven’t asked the question of Orange yet, but does anyone here know if one can keep the Découverte option on whilst your ligne résidence secondaire is suspended? Someone with a second home asked me last night and I said I’d find out….


    #788334
    Avatar
    violet
    Participant
    Joined: 21 Nov 2008
    Location: AQUITAINE
    Total posts: 1739

    Gosh ! you were very lucky with Orange ….I phoned the French helpline last week following a double bill online, and the chap who answered was extremely helpful, and offered to pass me to his colleage ………..I then held on for 16 minutes and then someone at Orange simply cut me off …..I tried again – after 10 minutes, same thing ! I then tried the English speaking line, and was unable to get through at all, so in desperation I drove to Saintes .waited TWO hours and eventually got sorted out ! I was so mad I said when can I cancel my contract ? I was told only at the end of the contract and three months notice !!!! I would like to know who you spoke to – it sounds a much better service than my local one – even driving 60 km to ask a question …………another English couple were in there as their mobile and internet had been cut off completely with no reason given ………they were getting nowhere, even with the guy who spoke English …………so I stuck my oar in and it turned out to be a simple failure in communication – they only had to send an RIB and all would be solved …they had driven more than 100 km return journey, and waited longer than me ……….whilst we waited, people kept coming in and being seen straight away, so when I went up to the computer on the desk and looked for my name, it had been moved to the end, so I enquired as to why this was ? I was told these people were ‘professionals’ so they had to be seen first ……….aargh !!! You couldn’t make it up ……..I am getting cards printed with some kind of professional qualification on them …………..the double bill I was told was a year-end ‘reglage’ ………All I can say is I have never had one before in all the years I had been with Orange !!!! and then they had the cheek to send me an e mail for completion on my views on their ‘customer service’ ………………I can tell you I gave them !


    VIOLET

    #788333
    Avatar
    pomhorn
    Participant
    Joined: 19 Sep 2005
    Location: Eure - ex Deux-Sèvres
    Total posts: 27222

    @lebesset wrote:

    yesterday sent a message to ~Orange from their website asking them to suspend my contract in 10 days time

    received a response by Email in less than 24 hours confirming compliance with my wishes and giving a dossier number for this suspension

    will suspend the phone on line before I go as that seems to be done within 24 hours maximum

    all in all , an excellent system …~I am in grave danger of becoming an Orange fan !

    Hi!

    To help others, could you indicate the internet page from which you started to cancel.

    Yopurs,

    pomhorn


    pomhorn

    #788332
    Avatar
    pingu
    Participant
    Joined: 26 Apr 2008
    Location: N/A
    Total posts: 909

    @chrisminor wrote:

    I haven’t asked the question of Orange yet, but does anyone here know if one can keep the Découverte option on whilst your ligne résidence secondaire is suspended? Someone with a second home asked me last night and I said I’d find out….

    No reason why not. Orange will be happy to keep taking the 21 euros a month even if one is unable to use the service.
    Pingu


    #788331
    Avatar
    lebesset
    Participant
    Joined: 19 Aug 2007
    Location: lozere
    Total posts: 1320

    @pomhorn wrote:

    @lebesset wrote:

    yesterday sent a message to ~Orange from their website asking them to suspend my contract in 10 days time

    received a response by Email in less than 24 hours confirming compliance with my wishes and giving a dossier number for this suspension

    will suspend the phone on line before I go as that seems to be done within 24 hours maximum

    all in all , an excellent system …~I am in grave danger of becoming an Orange fan !

    Hi!

    To help others, could you indicate the internet page from which you started to cancel.

    Yopurs,

    pomhorn

    espace client
    contract internet
    nous contacter
    internet TV telephone
    gestion de l’offre
    modification des options
    options
    par mail
    etc


    lebesset

Internet & IT, Phones
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You cannot reply to this topic.