Driving from the UK to France, or anywhere else in Europe? The AA provide breakdown cover which starts from the moment you leave home to the moment you get back.
1. Your vehicle is essential
Whether you’re out there house hunting or just enjoying a well earned break, you need your car for your next adventure. Particularly if you’re in deep, rural France – you’ll need to get from place to place and tackle those winding country lanes. Last year, the AA went to over 4,000 incidents in Europe – around half of them were in France. Nobody expects a breakdown, but it’s better to be prepared.
2. What’s the French for “I’ve broken down”?
Exactly. Sometimes it’s hard enough to understand what’s going on with your car in English, let alone in another language. The AA has a 24/7 English-speaking helpline with multilingual operators who can deal with local garages on your behalf.
3. Keep on moving
If you break down and find yourself stuck on the side of the road wondering what to do next, you need someone you can rely on. The AA are the only UK breakdown provider to belong to ARC Europe. Their full cover provides alternative accommodation, travel arrangements, recovery of your vehicle back to the UK and up to £50,000 in legal costs.
4. Peace of mind for the year ahead
As a prospective homebuyer, the likelihood is that you’ll be making several journeys to France, so annual cover might be a good idea. When looking for the right cover for you, think about whether you’ll be making several short visits or spending longer periods abroad. Rather than jumping on the cheapest deal out there, it’s well worth researching your options thoroughly.
5. You’ll save money
Running into a breakdown without cover is like any other accident without insurance: costly. Often, the price before repairs is more than a year’s breakdown cover, so it’s always worth looking for a comprehensive deal that best covers you, your vehicle and the type of journey you’ll be making ahead of your travels.
European Breakdown Cover from the AA
Whether you’re making a one-off trip to Europe or planning to drive to Europe several times within a 12-month period, they’ve got you covered.
· Access to over 40,000 trusted partners – including garages, repairers and recovery operators. They even have 12 of their own mechanics out in France over the summer holidays.
· A 24/7 English-speaking helpline and team of multilingual operators means you can avoid any ‘lost in translation’ moments.
· Cover for vehicles of any age – from motorhomes and minibuses, to motorbikes and classic cars.
· Alternative accommodation and travel arrangements, recovery of your vehicle back to the UK, and up to £50,000 in legal costs.
So even though you’re driving on the other side of the road, you’ll still get the same great service.
Find out more