An quick recipe to make about 50 small biscuits for the apéritif using the local Roquefort cheese.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 12-15 minutes
Makes : 50 small biscuits
120g Roquefort cheese
120g plain flour
Pinch of cayenne pepper
120g unsalted butter, cubed at room temperature
1 egg yolk
1. Crumble the cheese with a fork.
2. Stiff the flour and cayenne together and make a well in the centre.
3. Place the cheese, butter and yolks in the well and work together with your fingertips, gradually mixing in the flour. Do not overwork the dough and do not worry if there are still a few small lumps of cheese.
4. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5. Heat the oven to 180¢ªC / 350¢ªC/ gas 4.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 3mm and cut out to any shape or size you wish.
7. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and cook until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
8. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. These can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Decorate before cooking by brushing lightly with egg yolk and pressing a walnut half on to each biscuit.
© FrenchEntrée Tarn & Aveyron