Large converted barn, village location, close to amenities, good sized garden, private pool, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large living spaces. No expense spared on converstion. Rental potential.
- Reference: FREKR34
- Property Type: House
- Status: For Sale
- Location: 34210, Aigne, Hérault, Occitanie
- Habitable Space: 237m2 m2
- Land Space: 338 m2
- Sale Price: €365,000
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pool: Yes
The barn stands proudly on the edge of the village. It is approximately 400yrs old and has been loving renovated and restored over the past few years with no expense being spared on the fittings and furnishings to create a comfortable home whilst retaining many of the barns original features.
On entering the front gates you are greeted by the first of the seating areas. This area is great for breakfast or early morning coffee. The old oak door leads directly into the large open hallway giving access to:
- Guest toilet with wash hand basin.
- Stairs to first floor and understairs storage cupboard.
- Kitchen - fully fitted with good quality units of American white oak. Electric oven, gas hob and extractor fan.
Further saloon bar doors give access to the first of the old converted wine cuves. This is now a useful utility area, fitted out with dishwasher, washing machine, fridge, freezer and wine racks.
Double doors lead into:
- Open plan living and dining space. A large room with stone walls, concealed lighting, oak beams and contemporary wood burning fire. Patio doors leading to the decked area, garden and pool.
- Dining area, leading onto a further space, currently used as a quiet reading area with book shelves.
From here there are two doors leading into the 2nd and 3rd converted wine cuves. One currently used as a storage room, another used as a home office and a 3rd as a music room.
Stairs to first floor lead to a galleried landing, from which you can access:
- Family shower room - lovely large shower with curved glass wall, vanity unity and sink, toilet, heated towel rail and underfloor heating.
- Bedroom 1 - Double room with ceiling fan, and underfloor heating.
- Bedroom 2 - Double room with reversible air conditioning unit and ceiling fan.
- Bedroom 3 - Double room with ceiling fan and a fitted wardrobe. Door to ensuite with shower, toilet, vanity unit and sink, heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 4 - Double room with ceiling fan and a fitted wardrobe. Door to ensuite full bathroom with 27 jet jacuzzi bath, shower above, toilet, italian vanity unit with integrated sink, heated towel rail and underfloor heating.
- Easy to maintain gardens, ideal if the property is to be used for holiday rentals.
- Two areas of artifical grass.
- Large decking area giving ample space for up to 8 sunloungers, and a pergola with space for a dining table and chairs.
- Private pool, 6m x 3.5m.
To the rear of the barn is a further building. This building is currently used as a fully fitted out workshop, and a separate room is currently used as a laundry room, with space for washing machine, drier, fridge and freezer, and also benefits from underfloor heating.
There is an external staircase from the garden leading to the private carparking area. This area could be built on as the foundations already in place are strong enough to take a building. This could be in the form of a garage, or a further 1 bed gite, subject to planning.
If you wanted the property as a holiday let, there is already an agency in place to deal with the rentals and a management company to take care of the changeovers in your absence.
Aigne is a popular village due to its famous circulade. The village is located in the heart of the Minervois winegrowing region of the Languedoc (Occitaine) surrounded by beautiful vineyards and boasts some of the most diverse scenery in the area. From the rolling hills of the Montagen Noir and its beautiful natural lakes, to the spectacular gorges and caves of the Minerve valley and of course not to mention the famous Canal du midi, all of this on your doorstep and less than a 15 minute drive. The village has a lovely authentic french restaurant and there are numerous other great restaurants, bars and cafes all within an easy 10 minute drive of the property. The beaches of the Mediterranean are about a 40 minute drive, as well as the must see medieval city of Carcassonne. Our area is well placed for exploring much of the South of France, being only 1.5hrs from Spain, in one direction and the beautfiul lavendar fields of the Provence 1.5hrs in the other direction.
- Stone house
- Large garden
- private pool
- 4 double bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Edge of village location
- Rental potential
- Close to amenities
- Close to canal du midi