A wonderful opportunity to buy a piece of history, this large character home is believed to date back to the 16th century. Also there's accommodation suitable as a separate gîte.
- Reference: SG-1773
- Property Type: House
- Status: Available
- Location: 50450, Villedieu-Les-Poêles, Manche, Normandy
- Habitable Space: 162 m2
- Land Space: 5552 m2
- Sale Price: €227,900
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 5
- Agent Fees Included? Yes
A wonderful opportunity to buy a piece of history, this large character home is believed to date back to the 16th century. It offers flexible accommodation so a separate gite or independent space for relatives can be easily achieved. With views across a lake and open countryside and only 10 mins drive from shops and 25 mins from the beach.
This lovely home has a lot to offer, it benefits from gas central heating, double glazing and the cables for the new fibre optic are being laid right now. Modern day living has been carefully combined with the original character and features of this wonderful house.
The house effectively has two parts ? the original 16th century building and the later (18th century?) extension. Many of the rooms have exposed stone walls and oak beams.
Starting with the older part,
On the second floor are 2 double bedrooms; one has a shower-room with WC and handbasin and there is a separate bathroom (WC and basin) for the use of the other bedroom.
The landing is currently used as a home office.
The elm staircase leads down into:
the Living room, a spacious room with three tall windows facing east and south, parquet flooring and impressive oak panelling over the insert fireplace.
The fitted kitchen has a dual-fuel hob and English-style electric double oven, integral fridge-freezer and dishwasher.
The Dining room has tall windows facing east and west and a gas fire with lovely carved oak panels above.
An entrance hall with stone floor and feature doors complete the accommodation at this level.
The Ground Floor has its original cobbles which have been boarded over at the far end to form a spacious workshop and at the near end giving a utility room with modern combination boiler.
From the dining room, five stairs lead down to the first floor of the newer section of the house.
The pleasant landing, with access to the part-boarded loft, leads to:
- the large MASTER BEDROOM with EN-SUITE BATHROOM (over-bath shower, WC and basin). This lovely room has a window facing east and a long window giving views onto the lake opposite with its resident goose and other water birds.
- another, smaller, DOUBLE BEDROOM (which could be used as an office)
- a SEPARATE BATHROOM (again, an over-bath shower,WC and basin).
A modern spiral staircase goes from the landing back to the ground floor where you will find:
- an INNER LOBBY leading to:
- the utility room/workshop area
- another SHOWER ROOM with WC and basin (very handy after gardening or if the grandchildren want to camp in the garden!)
- a large DINING KITCHEN giving the possibility of letting this end of the house as a gîte or even a separate dwelling
- the GARAGE.
Outside is the large garden with many mature fruit and ornamental trees. Red squirrels are frequent visitors and there is an abundance of bird life.
Please note this property may not be suitable for someone with reduced mobility.
Alistair Lockhart. Property Director, FrenchEntrée
- A separate gîte. perhaps
- History from 1066 to WWII
- Walking and hiking
- Horse riding and cycling
- Horse Breeding Country
- Local Markets
- Trains are close for Paris
- Golf locally
- Tennis in most villages
- Sailing and Beach not far
- Ferry Ports Roscoff- St Malo- Cherbourg- Caen Ouistreham
- Airports across the area