This property comprises of a main house with wooden floors throughout:
- Entrance hall leading to salon with Charentaise fireplace 25m2.
- Dining room with Charentaise fireplace and views onto gardens, 24m2. This would be ideal as a guest dining room.
- Fully-refitted exquisite kitchen incorporating fitted units, granite worktops, American Fridge/freezer, combi microwave, range, induction hob, wine fridge, piped boiling water, 22m2. Hard wearing bamboo flooring in the kitchen.
- Garden room with door to triple garage and to garden.
- Laundry room with water heater and two new boilers serving the main house and gites.
Main house First floor:
- landing with four pretty double bedrooms all with ensuites, offering the potential of Bed and Breakfast.
- Attached garage with double garage 6.1 x 5.3m and single garage 2.7 x 5.2m (currently a workshop). Floored attic above with potential for further conversion.
There are then three two-storey gites, which will be left with all furniture and fittings.
- Gite 1: the largest gite comprising:
open-plan lounge/dining/fully fitted kitchen.
Two double bedrooms with ensuite shower rooms
- Gite 2: for 2 people comprising open-plan living/dining fitted kitchen area
Large bathroom with bath, shower, WC and two washbasins.
- Gite 3: For 4 people comprising open-plan living/dining fitted kitchen area. Two bedrooms with ensuite shower rooms.
Each gite has its own sitting area, furniture and BBQ.
- Games room comprising:
- Children's play room.
- Games room with table football.
- Equipped gym.
- Attic above, boarded for storage.
- Bike shed.
Further workshop with pool equipment, water and power supplies.
The swimming pool is a delight, is fully fenced and overlooks the countryside.
There is a large, private owners' garden with flower beds, ornamental pond, vegetable garden.
This pretty hamlet is near to a local village and between the historic towns of Couhé and Civray, with easy access to the N10 and connections to Paris.
What the current owners say,
“We decided upon the Poitou Charente because of its microclimate and easy access from the UK for family, friends and visitors. We then decided upon this particular property because we did not want to retire fully and so we were looking for a business proposition which again was easily accessible for visitors from the UK and Europe generally, being close to the N10, and which also had some bookings for the forthcoming season. In addition, we could see that the property had room for the development of leisure facilities so that it could become a small self-contained holiday complex.
We have loved every minute of being here, finding to our delight that there are many places of interest, leisure facilities and beautiful villages around us. We have made many friends both French and English whilst living here and firmly intend to remain in this area.”
“For your information the website is included in the sale and links to our various marketing partners will be made available to the purchaser. Besides the links, some of which provide a good stream of holiday enquiries, we do receive enquiries direct via our local tourist board and from our Facebook page.
Bear in mind, we are often asked to offer chambres d’hote and provide meals and our field offers the possibility of camping/glamping”.