Substantial 300-year-old six-bedroom family home with B&B potential, set in one of the finest villages of the Périgord with elevated views of the surrounding countryside.
- Reference: FREIL24
- Property Type: House
- Status: For Sale
- Location: 24440, Saint-Avit-Sénieur, Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine
- Habitable Space: 675 m2
- Land Space: 1652 m2
- Sale Price: €280,000
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 4
The 300-year old stone-built house is a substantial 6 double-bedroom family home, fully restored, some partial double-glazing, on mains drainage, with LPG gas-fired central heating throughout. Originally 2 separate houses, which have since been amalgamated into a single dwelling, one half could readily be used as a B&B/Chambres d’Hôtes/Airbnb. All bedrooms have large central cooling fans, as does the first floor reception room and TV room. Satellite TV and Internet facilities are available.
It is set in the heart of one of the finest villages in the Périgord area, and offers generously sized reception rooms, a wealth of original features and enjoys elevated views to the countryside beyond. The village has an 11th Century Abbey, recently extensively restored by UNESCO, a post office, primary school, shop and restaurant, and an excellent hard-court tennis court. The main town is Beaumont, 5 km to the west, which has all facilities – supermarket, doctors, secondary school, notary, and weekly market. It is 30 minutes drive to Bergerac, the nearest large town/city, with International airport and train facilities, and the idyllic surrounding countryside contains a wealth of activities and places to explore, including Lascaux's famous cave-paintings, canoeing on the Vezère and Dordogne rivers, horse riding, delightful walks, wine tasting, and many fine restaurants. Further afield are Bordeaux and Toulouse at 2¼ hrs and 2½ hrs drive respectively. A car is essential as there is no public transport. For those with an equine interest, there are a huge number of bridle-paths for hacking-out surrounding the village.
Arranged over three floors, the accommodation comprises:
- Kitchen (7m x 5m) with tiled floor, beamed ceiling, fitted floor units with tiled work surfaces, sink, waste-disposal and drainer, large range double electric cooker, with gas hob and extractor hood over, glass splash backs, wall mounted units, Jotul wood burning stove and French windows to outside terrace
- Dining room (7m x 3.25m) with wooden floor, beamed ceiling, French windows to terrace, door to small utility room and glazed door to Drawing room
- Utility room (7m x 1.5m) with carpeted floor, water softener, washing machine and tumble drier, and built in, full-height cupboards
- Drawing room (7.5m x 5.5m) with tiled floor, beamed ceiling, exposed stone walls, stone fireplace with wood burning stove, glazed door to front elevation and staircase (1) to first and second floors
- Large entrance reception (7m x 5.5m) with beamed ceiling, concrete floor, exposed stone walls, glazed door to front elevation, access to cellar and staircase (2) to first and second floors
- Landing 1 (6m²) with wooden floor
- Study (5.5m x 2m) with wooden floor
- Walk-in, storage/airing cupboard (2m²)
- Bedroom 1 (4m x 5.5m) with wooden floor, exposed stone accents and large window to front elevation. This room is air-conditioned and has large ceiling fan.
- Bedroom 2 (5m x 4m) with original Oak floor, ceiling fan, and en-suite shower-room with tiled floor and walls, wash hand basin, shower, WC and extractor fan.
- Family Bathroom 1 (3m x 1.50m) with tiled floor and walls, wash hand basin, bath with shower, WC and extractor fan
- Landing 2 (5m²) with wooden floor and stone arched alcove
- Family Bathroom 2 - with wooden floor, wash hand basin, bath, WC and extractor fan.
- Bedroom 3 (4m x 6m) with wooden floor, beamed ceiling and exposed stone walls
- Sitting room (6m x 5.5m) with beamed ceiling, wooden floor, exposed stone walls, original stone Louis XIV fireplace with LPG gas-fired stove, large ceiling fan, and small kitchenette (4m²) off. (Includes sink, fridge and electric cooker)
- Landing 3 (9m²) with wooden floor, oak beamed, ceiling fan, air condition outlet.
- Bedroom 4 (4.25m x 4.25m) with wooden floor and exposed beams and ceiling fan.
- Bedroom 5 (5m x 4.25m) with wooden floor and exposed beams and ceiling fan.
- Family Bathroom 3 - with shower, wash hand basin, WC and extractor fan.
- Walk in storage/dark-room with sink (1m x 3.5m)
- Large TV room/snug (5m x 4m) with wooden floor and ceiling fan. (Satellite and French TV)
- Landing 4 (3.5m²) with wooden floor and 2 built-in full height cupboards, one with second gas combi boiler
- Bedroom 6 (5.5m x 4m) with wooden floor, ceiling fan, and built in cupboard
There is also a cellar/basement with modern, fully automatic LPG gas-fired condensing boiler and separate hot water tank.
- Dining terrace (13m x 3.25m) one-half covered with roof-tiles and beams, the other half with professional 'roll-away' awning, tiled floor, gas and water supply, and beautiful countryside views
- Paddock (1650m²), including some mature trees and shrubs, accessed via paths to each side of the property, containing the LPG 1000 litre reservoir. Water and electricity supply
- Close to shops and cafés
- Good walking Country
- Close to many river pursuits
- Golf courses
- Tennis in most Villages
- Horse riding and cycling
- Area steeped in History
- Tourist area
- Local Produce Markets
- Wine region
- Airports are not far away
- Motorways or good roads to property
- Trains are close