Totally refurbished and decorated to a high standard. Characterful old stone village house with blue shutters and superb private courtyard garden, plus attached studio/gite currently generating rental income.
- Reference: FRESD11
- Property Type: House
- Status: For Sale
- Location: 11190, Couiza, Aude, Occitanie
- Habitable Space: 150 m2
- Land Space: 30 m2
- Sale Price: €155,000
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
At the front of the property is a small terrace with space for seating and flower tubs. Solid wood front door leads into:
- Kitchen (20 sqm): Light and airy with fully fitted units (cream, shaker style) with honey gold marble worktops and huge feature polished stone sink. Pale tarracotta tiled floor. Double glazed windows facing south. Built in oven and hob and extractor hood. Storage cupboard in wall recess. Cupboard housing electricity meter and pipework. Telephone point.Archway to downstairs WC and cloakroom.
- Living/Dining Room (30sqm): Dual aspect with double glazed windows facing east and south. Large feature fireplace in one corner with wood burning stove. Feature stone walls and beams.
Stairs leading to:
- Landing/Office Area (15 sqm): Open plan with double glazed window facing east and skylight. From the landing French doors into bedroom one, door to courtyard and entrance way to corridor leading to dressing room/bathroom.
- Bedroom One (9 sqm): With rustic white painted stone walls and feature beams and dado height wood-panelled walls on two sides. Double glazed window facing south. Interior feature window facing into stairwell with its feature wall.
- Dressing Room/Bathroom: Spacious room with one wall lined with fitted wardrobes. Double glazed window facing south. Fully tiled bathroom has large white bath with shower over and sink unit to one side. Storage alcove with shelves. Cubicle with WC.
- From corridor stairs to Bedroom Two (17.5 sqm): Large, light and bright room with skylight and window facing south. Built in feature cupboards, one housing hot water tank.
THE COURTYARD GARDEN
Can be accessed from the house via the door from the landing and down stone steps, from the side of the house through solid wooden gates, or directly from the studio. The garden has evolved over the years and is now a wonderful private space with trees and shrubs and pots of flowers with a central stone table for al fresco dining. Totally private and surrounded by high stone walls. There is a workshop/storage area in one corner unnderneath the studio bedroom.
The ground floor consists of a living, dining, kitchen area (16 sqm) and has feature stone walls and beams. Double glazed window in kitchen area and double glazed French windows directly onto the courtyard garden. Staircase leading to first floor bedroom (20 sqm), again with feature stone walls and beams. Double glazed window to one end and full length French doors onto a Juliet balcony. Fitted wardrobes. Ensuite shower room consists of fully tiled shower cubicle, sink unit and WC. Storage shelving with hot water tank enclosed behind.
The studio/gite comes fully equipped and is currently marketed through Sawdays Special Places to Stay as "The Courtyard Gite".
In the village of Arques in the Corbière hills, about 50 minutes south east of Carcassonne. Arques is a striking village approached via an avenue of plane trees with its own chateau and lake. It also has its own boulangerie and bar and is situated on the popular Route du Pays de Cathar.
- Old stone village house
- Blue shutters
- Courtyard garden
- Stone walls
- Exposed beams
- Spacious rooms
- Fully restored
- Income potential
- recently reduced character property