A beautiful stone-built villa on a hilltop in Provence with 6 bedrooms, 5 bath/shower rooms & WC's, magnificent Romanesque style private pool and a separate gite. In a private and exclusive location without being isolated.
- Reference: 42664m0
- Property Type: Villa
- Status: For Sale
- Location: 13150, Bouches Du Rhône, Provence-Alpes-Côte D'azur
- Habitable Space: 270 m2
- Land Space: 1800 m2
- Sale Price: €1,280,000
- Bedrooms: 7
- Bathrooms: 6
- Pool: Yes
And now for something completely different and very special.....
'Villa Romantique' is a stunning stone-built hilltop villa with views stretching for more than 40 miles over the Provence countryside. There is a truly unique and wonderful Romanesque-style colonnaded circular pool, with a sun terrace, a summer kitchen, a barbecue and a shaded summer lounge. Plus there is a separate cottage gite set discretely in the corner of the gardens.
You are superbly located in the 'golden circle' created by beautiful Avignon, the Luberon, St Remy de Provence, Arles, the Camargue, Nimes, Uzes and the Pont du Gard.
The property is built around an old stone tower and renovated with immense style and an abundance of love and care to provide a very high standard of accommodation, combining old-style charm, many original features and a genuine Provencal ambiance, yet with up to date comforts and facilities.
The property basks in the sunshine and the very special light of this Provence Languedoc region and is set in a delightful mature garden amidst the intoxicating fragrances of oleander, wisteria and lavender and among pine, cypress, and an abundance of olive trees.
This spacious villa has 3 excellent reception rooms, a large kitchen, a laundry room, loads of storage, and with 6 large double or twin bedrooms and 5 bath or shower rooms and 5 WCs it very comfortably accommodates any number up to 12 or 13 people with ease, and the cottage gite - 'La Petite Villa Romantique' - accommodates a further 2, 3 or 4.
This property will appeal to anyone who loves Provence, Languedoc and the south of France, and who is also looking for a fantastic opportunity to benefit from an established and very significant income which can be earned in a variety of different ways. Not only for photo shoots and filming, it is also a perfect location as a wedding reception venue (and there are several hotels nearby who will accommodate all the additional numbers of wedding guests), and it gives a very substantial income from holiday rentals.
Option 1. You live permanently in this beautiful 'Villa Romantique' and have a rental income ( holiday or long-term ) from the cottage gite- 'La Petite Villa Romantique'.
Option 2. You live in this beautiful villa throughout the off-season, and then simply move to the cottage gite when the villa is let in the high season.. NOTE: there is an established income of GBP £ 4,450 sterling per week ( 5,100 Euros per week ) for the Villa, and GBP £ 650 sterling (750 Euros per week ) for 'La Petite Villa'.. The weekly rental price has been the same since 2004, so a rental increase is long overdue. There is now plenty of scope to increase the rental income.
Option 3. Own this beautiful villa as a second home ( residence secondaire ) and enjoy it whenever you wish - with the option to have a full-time resident caretaker-couple living in the cottage gite - who can be your guardian/concierge/driver - airport transfer service/personal assistant/gardener/pool maintenance man/handyman and cleaners etc. - so that the property will be ready for you at a moment's notice at any time whenever you want to spend time there.
Option 4. Remain resident in your existing home and run 'Villa Romantique' and 'La Petite Villa Romantique' as a very rewarding and substantial holiday lettings business giving you an extremely good income. This is an Award Winning rental property with excellent 5-star reviews.
Option 5. Remain in your existing home, gain significant rental income, and reserve either 'Villa Romantique' or 'La Petite Villa Romantique' for your own, your family's, or your friends enjoyment whenever you choose - which is what we do. We have reserved the property for our own enjoyment for 4 or 5 months every year .
An overview of this property in Provence Languedoc
* Wonderful hilltop location with panoramic views for more than 40 miles over Provence.
* Spacious stone-built villa with 3 reception rooms, 6 large bedrooms, and 5 bath/shower rooms and 5 WCs.
* Magnificent Romanesque-style circular pool with sun terrace, summer kitchen, barbecue, and shaded summer lounge.
* The grounds are surrounded by a high wall and access to the property is through large and imposing electronically-controlled gates - giving you privacy and a feeling of exclusivity
* 20 olive trees produce 50 litres of totally organic pure virgin olive oil.
* Ornamental pond and bridge, and with it's own garden area.
* 2 garages, car port for 2 cars, and further parking for at least another 4 cars.
* The separate cottage gite discretely located in the corner of the grounds has it's own private parking, private entrance and private garden
* Within 1 mile of the medieval twin towns of Beaucaire and Tarascon - providing every amenity and facility.
* Located in the 'golden circle' formed by beautiful Avignon, the Luberon, St Remy de Provence, Arles, the Camargue, Nimes, Uzes and the Pont du Gard.
* Award winning rental income and excellent 5-star reviews.
* The purchaser will have the first option on an adjacent parcel of land with planning permission - available by separate negotiation.
I am very reluctant to sell this beautiful property which we love and have enjoyed for the last 18 years, but for me now, a long overdue and very belated retirement beckons. The time has now come for someone else to enjoy 'Villa Romantique' and 'La Petite Villa Romantique'
To see a fuller description of the property please visit our website where you can also see lots more photos, floor plans, rental prices, a location map, testimonials etc.www.villaromantique.co.uk
At the very bottom of the website you can 'click' to see Floor Plans of the Villa and La Petite Villa, and also you can 'click' to open up 70 photos so you can see every room, bedroom, shower room, the views, the garden, the pool and pool area, and the cottage gite - and a few photos of some nearby beauty spots as well asthe rental prices we receive.
For those looking for an additional investment interest, there is a parcel of land of approximately 1200m2 adjacent to this property, which has approved planning permission to build a house of anything from 150m2 to 220m2, and a pool, and a separate double-garage block. Note: The purchaser of 'Villa Romantique' and 'La Petite Villa Romantique' will have the right of first option to purchase this piece of land ( price to be agreed ) .
In the golden circle created by Avignon, the Luberon, Aix-en-Provence, Marseille, Saint Remy de Provence, Arles, the Camargue, the Mediterranean at Aigues Mortes, Stes-Maries-de-la-Mer and le-Grau-du-Roi, Montpelier, Nimes, the Pont du Gard and Uzes.
- villa with pool in Provence house with pool in Provence property with pool in Provence