The best blogs in the Languedoc and France
Read about real lives in France
Having recently been in touch with Sarah Hague
, a regular blogger in the Languedoc Roussillon, I thought it would be helpful for our readers to have a resource of some of the best blogs in the region and France.
If you want to know the thoughts and experiences of residents in France then read on.
Mr Patterson Goes To The Languedoc
- A man in tight shorts discovers Le Sud. These pages cover most of the bike rides Gerry does in and around his new home in Languedoc, France.
- For the last 6 years I have called a tiny village in the south of France my home. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming...
The Duchess of Earl
- 30 Something American living in the South of France... thoughts on French culture, food, international parenting, writing and feeling like a foreigner everywhere.
City On a Hill
- Ed Ward's Blog From Montpellier, France. Food, wine, travel, and, unavoidably, the French.
La Vie Cevenole
- This is a blog about our life in the Cevennes mountains, as confirmed city-dwellers with an abiding, if naive, affection for the great outdoors...or at least for a terrace with a panoramic view.
St Bloggie de Riviere
- Budding writer seeks chance to witter in public. A sort of diary of book progress with comments on life, motherhood, rants, news and thoughts on living in France.
Montpellier Daily Photo Blog
- Lots of great artistic photos from the Languedoc by Marie Rivet.
- From Australia to Scotland and now to France. Deb Westerberg's blog from the Minervois.
A Languedoc Journal
- Days in the life of country folk, or, the life, loves, hates and ramblings of a man, one baguette short of a pique nique.
Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
- I'm a somewhat contrary, 40something woman who decided to leave corporate life behind and pursue a dream. Follow my misadventures as I reinvent my life in France.
Soyez la Bienvenue Chez Moi
- I live in central France between Orléans and Gien not far from the Loire River and Sully-sur-Loire. I grew up in Oregon and moved all over the U.S. before I got the chance to move to France.
The Provence Post
- If you live in or just love Provence. I'm a freelance food and travel writer living and working in Provence since 1999.
BurkinaMom in France
- After nine years living in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, I've just moved to the French Alps. I hope the natives are friendly...
Stuff Parisians Like
- My name is Olivier Magny. My dad was born in Paris. My mom was born in Paris. So were my brother, my sister and… surprisingly enough: me too. I’ve been living in Paris my entire life. So I think it’s fair to say I’m Parisian.
- Kristin Espinasse, author of Words in a French Life
offers a free word journal, highlighting fun, interesting, and useful French words. Sign up for the free newsletter,delivered "thrice-weekly" and chock-full of French life!
Eye Prefer Paris
- Eye Prefer Paris is an ex-New Yorkers insiders guide to Paris. Richard Nahem writes his blog from his fabulous 18th century apartment in the fashionable Marais district of Paris
- Jill’s Blog: An American “French Vintage Addict” living in Provence discusses vintage buying & selling, seeing France through a local’s eyes, tips for traveling well, custom tours, art de vivre…
- I am an Australian who lives between London and Saint Remy de Provence in southern France. I adore everything to do with life in France and especially the olive farm I call home. This blog is for those, who like me, are mad for interiors, fashion and all things French.
- My hope is that this site will become a gathering place for all who are interested in discussing and analyzing political life in France.
Rendez-vous with Style
- The driving force behind my move to Paris in 2000 was a culmination of many things. I have always been passionate about fashion, plus I am a die-hard romantic.
( - Ba'daude (nf); a person given to idle observation of everything with wonder or astonishment; a credulous or gossipy idler. (Badaude is also an illustrator and writer and is currently Paris editor at www.stylebible.com.)
La Belle Saison
- A 20-something Scottish girl with a passion for all things French, especially a certain Prince Français. An aspiring writer, I live in Versailles with my French fiancé and Scottish pussy chat.
- 39Vaugirard is a place for all the scraps and bits of info we have collected and continue to put together on Paris. Based on our experience and tons of articles kept in numerous random folders that may now be thrown out.
La Mom Paris
- Bonjour! Wonder what living in Paris is really like? What the tourists don't see? Revel in tales from the Expat Mommy Track in the most beautiful city on earth!
Jennie en France
- A Michigander living in the French Alps, teaching English to university students, dealing with never-ending French bureaucracy, missing the US (but not too much), perfecting her French and traveling throughout Europe while discovering the perks of being PACSed to a civil servant of the French government..
- I'm a Canadian-born food writer and cooking teacher based in Nice and Paris. This blog allows me to share the discoveries that I make every day as I shop, cook, travel and eat.
- A mishmash of stories about food and Languedoc village life, of recipes and travels, of strangers and friends, of thoughts and reflections, and probably more…
Languedoc Living Home Page