Fantanstic salad for starter or a lunch
The recipe for this delicious dish is brought to you by two highly respected British chefs who are based in the Pays de la Loire.
Their successful cookery school uses only the best ingredients, many of which are sourced from this bountiful region.
Warm salad of sauteed scallops and chorizo sausage with a lime dressing
- 3 king scallops
- 5 slices of chorizo sausage
- 1 handful of mixed salad leaves (washed)
- sprig of chervil
- 1 lime
- knob of butter
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
This is a great salad. It’s very simple, quick and easy, but makes an excellent first course or, as a bigger portion, a beautiful lunch.
Try and find the freshest of scallops in the Loire for this dish and you won’t go wrong.
This salad can be prepared within about five minutes.
1. Prepare scallops by cutting off the bit of muscle attached to it and very quickly washing (in and out of cold water and straight onto a dry cloth.)
2. Heat a heavy-based frying pan, add the oil and lightly saute the chorizo sausage on one side. Turn the sausage and then add the scallops with a knob of butter and season. Saute on both sides until just cooked. Remove from pan.
3. Squeeze 1/2 a lime straight into the pan and whisk into the juices remaining in the pan. This is your dressing.
4. Place the scallops and chorizo in a large bowl and delicately place the leaves amongst them. Lightly spoon the dressing over the salad and garnish with chervil.
Fantasticly light and easy starter, the perfect beginning to any good meal.
For this dish, everything can be prepared in advance, then cooked and assembled at the last minute.
This recipe was prepared for you by the Walnut Grove, which offers gourmet cuisine and cooking classes in the beautiful Loire Valley.
The hosts and tutors for the course are Maynard Harvey and Benedict Haines.
They are both talented, professional chefs with a deep understanding of food.
Visit their website for further details
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *