You’ve bought your dream home in France and you’re planning to move over. Here’s a check-list to help you get organised – and make sure it all gets done!
*** GET CONNECTED TO:
*** BE MONEY-WISE:
– Retired? Find out if you’re eligible for the UK winter fuel allowance paid to you in France
– If you haven’t already, open a bank account
*** DRIVE SAFELY
– Old or new, you will need to register your vehicle
– Make sure your vehicle is insured
– Get the lowdown on French road rules
*** HEALTH COVER
– If you’re eligible for French state cover, affiliate into the health system
– Why you will need complementary health insurance
– Ensure you have school insurance – it’s the law!
– Integrate into your new life and enrol in French classes