An excellent quiche using the local roquefort cheese from the Aveyron.
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Makes : 4 servings
500 g flour (or a ready pastry shell pâte brisée)
1 tablespoon of baker’s yeast
250 g of lean bacon (optional)
4 dl single cream or crème fraîche
75 g butter
150 g Roquefort cheese
1. Place the flour in a mixing bowl and the yeast in a well in the middle.
2. Gradually add tepid salty water and knead to make a dough which rubs off the fingers easily.
3. Cover with a cloth and leave to rise for an hour at room temperature.
4. Knead again and rest for another 2 hours.
5. Roll out pastry and line a flan tin, leaving a little pastry over the edges. Sprinkle pastry base with flour.
6. Add 5 or 6 small chunks of butter and the lean bacon, previously browned in a little butter until just starting to get crispy.
7. Mix the cream with the eggs and the mashed Roquefort cheese.
8. Fill the pastry with this filling and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
9. Delicious served at room temperature with a green salad and a glass of Gaillac red wine.
Photo by Alexa via Flickr
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *